Monday, June 14, 2010

Crazy Month

This is going to be a crazy long post.  But so much has happened in the last month.


Let's see On the 15th of May Adam excepted a job in Salt Lake City working for Conway, They wanted him to start on the 2 of June, which he did.  But for that to happen We had a lot to do.  He gave his2 weeks notice for his other job, worked one week and then used his vacation for the last week.  We used that to go to Denver to visit some of Adam's family.  We did that because if he didn't we wouldn't have been able to go see them again for a good two years.  So we were there for 5 days then it was back home to wash clothes and head off the Fillmore for memorial day weekend.  Then back home and the Truck.  All in all I had 8 days to pack the house and be ready to go. 

So crazy right?   It is going to be so worth it, well it already is.  Adam is able to be home every night to be with his family, he will be able to attended church every week, and when he gets a solid schedule in a bout 5 or so months he will be able to attended school.  yaaaaa. 
Here are some pictures of some of our adventures over the last month.


We will start with our trip to the Hogal Zoo.  Forgot to mention that we went there the day Adam found out he got his job.
Elijah Could not wait to get on the train.  That is pretty much all he wanted to ride.  Lets just say he wasn't to happy when I told him I was out of money.  Hannah just tried climbing out of the train.  She just can't sit still.


There were a couple times when they both seemed to enjoy looking at the animals.  But for the most part it was the train and the carousal. 
Elijah and Daddy just had to see how they compared to the Gorillas. 
 I think Grandma Watson just had to much fun with the grand kids.


 Hannah showing off just how she has to climb on every thing.



Adam, Elijah, Hannah, Sarah (my Sister in-law Tiffanie's daughter), Grandma, and Grandpa Waken.  They live in Denver.
We were to visit them twice before we left.  It is always wonderful to visit and hear how things are going with them.


While in Denver we took the kids to the museum.  I think there two favorite place were the space odessy and the kids adventure area.






So this year for Memorial weekend we actually stayed longer and enjoyed family time in Fillmore.


Hannah, helping put up Jamie and Wes's tent.

Hannah's first Marshmelow roasting.  Boy did she love them.  Elijah this year just wanted them to catch fire and then we would blow them out and start it all again till nothing was left.






We were able to go out and enjoy some time at white sands mountain.  The kids loved rolling around in the sand.  We also went and did some shooting.  I hadn't gone shooting since Adam and I got engaged, so it has been awhile.  Adam loved having the chance to teach Elijah a bit more about guns and show him how to shoot.  We often go through the routine of if he finds a gun out that he quickly finds an adult and lets us now.  We have done that about 5 times and the last time we left an unloaded hand gun on the bed and sent him in there and he came running out to grab us.  Thankfully he is understanding the importance of telling us things.  It amazes me every day the things he learns and picks up from those around him. 

So a quick story about Elijah.  Well, I love cheese.  Can't get enough of it.  Well, last night I made spaghetti for dinner and I have a curtain way I put cheese on.  I have a bottom and top layer of cheese.  So I started dishing up the noodles and realized I hadn't put the bottom layer of cheese on. so scraped the noodles back in the pan. 
Adam turned to Elijah and said "Mommy just about commited the uncardinal sin. Do you now what that is?"  Elijah- "no."
Adam-"Mommy just about forgot the bottom layer of cheese."
Elijah-"Oh no."
Silly kid loves cheese as much as I do.

Well if you made it the end.  Congrats because it was long.

1 comment:

  1. You guys moving! Moved I guess by now. What an adventure. Congrats and good luck. I am scared to death to let the kids do marsh mellows. You are so brave!

    ReplyDelete