Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Super Deal's

So I had a friend ask me how I managed to get great deals while shopping.  So I told her I would blog about it.

The first part of getting deals is you have got to get the sunday paper.  If you search around you can usually find a great deal for the paper.  I found my deal of two papers for a year for $60.00.  My shopping trip today well payed for that.  You can usually find coupns in the weekly adds that you get in the mail.

I then take each coupon section and put them in protective sleeves and then put those in a binder.  So for example I will take a red plum mark on the front so that I can see the date easier and then put 7-20 in one sleeve, smart source in another, and so on.  this way you can find them fast and easy.  PLUS you are Not cutting unnecessary coupon's.

Next I watch and follow these blogs.
Freebies 2 Deals    http://www.freebies2deals.com/ 
Utah Deal Diva       http://www.utahdealdiva.com/

these two blogs are the ones I generally follow, occasionally I will get on pinching pennies put not to often.

Things to watch for are 10/$10 items, some times those things don't get added into the prices of the deals, also others promotion's, like today a lot of promo's were buy 4 participating items and get $4 off.   Watch these, because some times it might be the best deal.

The Deal that made today's shopping trip so great was that Smith's was having a quadruple coupon days.  So for four days, starting today, they take all coupons under $1 and make them a $1.  So $.40 was really $1 off.

  So I went through all my coupons and grab everything that was under a dollar and bought if it fit in my budget.  So today I bought all this for $144.16  I saved about $70.  I also buy in bulch when there are great prices, when I use a lot of that stuff.  So body wash can sit for along time and is great for storage.  Can never have to much t.p. and so on.

To those that asked I hope this helps.
P.S.    If you can not afford the coupons ask around and see if there is any one that does not use there's.  A lot of people get the paper but don't use the coupon's.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome, I had a good day like that yesterday too, Adrian laughed when I came home with 10 boxs of cereal but when its on sale for 1.35 a box for honey buches of oats you buy in bulk!

    ReplyDelete