It has been tradition on the Day side of the family to head to Filmore for Memorial Day weekend. Between Fillmore and Meadow that is were my Dad, grandparents, and lots more family are buried. We have averaged every other year in being able to go. This year we were able to go, but only for Saturday. We got up early and headed out to visit with family. The kids had a lot of fun playing with there 2nd cousins while Adam and I were able to visit with Aunts, Uncles, and cousins that we haven't seen in a while. We had a lot of people this year. This was the first year that I have been there that almost all the cousins were together.
Lizards had been caught before we got there, so Elijah and Hannah enjoyed playing with them.
This had been the first time seeing my Grandma Ilene's head stone. Sad I know, Haven't been able to stop by since her funeral in 2011. It has been 2 1/2 years that she has been out of pain.
I didn't put a picture up, the kids did get to attempt to roast marshmallows over hot coals, so you can imagine that it didn't work to well, but they had fun doing it anyway. And the grownups watched as marshmallows were thrown around in hopes of being caught in peoples mouths. I was and am incapable of doing it but several others were able to. All in all we had a great time visiting with family.








No comments:
Post a Comment