Tuesday, September 8, 2009

R VACATION

Wow, is all I have to say. We had such and amazing time that I actually didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked to have, because I was to busy having fun and watching the kids enjoy them selves.
So we left Wednesday morning the 26th of August and stopped many times along are way. We stopped in Vegas for lunch. After we were done with lunch and got gas we headed out again. Just before we got the free way we had a dayjavue thing happen. You know the movie "Cars" at the part near the beginning were Mac is just about to exit off the free way and Lighting see's a mini van pass them with a mattress on the top flapping all around. Well, we saw a mini van with a mattress on the top flapping around. The funnier part was that Elijah was actually watching "Cars" on the portable DVD player.
We stopped in some place near L.A. so Andrew could visit a friend that he knew while in Salt Lake. Well<>
Elijah got sliding on the rocks to fast that as you can see the back ground was a blur. Evan Hannah got into the fun.

We camped the first two night while in SanDeigo and I forgot to take pictures. I'm so mad at my self for that, because Elijah loved his first camping trip. He wanted to help with everything.
SEA WORLD

We loved it. Elijah loved all the animals he like petting and holding the Starfish.Elijah was upset that Daddy wouldn't let him sit with him and Uncle Andrew in the front row of the dolphin show. As you can see, they are getting completely drenched. Elijah wanted to be wet to.


Elijah also liked petting the stingray fish. They wanted people to feed them so much that they would come up out of the water to get your attention. Don't their eyes look creepy. At the beginning I actually had to stop Elijah from climbing into the tank with them. But most of all Elijah LOVED the Whales. He was just awed how they could jump out of the water during the "Shamu Show." He about died when we got are pictures taken with the plastic whales.

MISSION BEACH
Elijah couldn't get enough of it. After an Hour we had to go. Not only because of time but becasue he want to be in the water the whole time he was starting to turn blue. Arn't Hannahs feet and foot prints cute?

So after San Deigo we headed off to PARIS!!!

Ok, so it's actually Perris. It's a small town about an hour away form L.A. They have a Train museum, and we just had to stop because Elijah would love it and he did. He even got to ride a really live train trolly. Don't think he'll ever forget that.

Well after dropping Mom off in Aniahim for her school thing we headed up to Lemoore. Lemoore is one of teh eares that I served my mission in. While heading up there I had to take a picture of teh L.A. fires that every one is hearing about. This picture does not do it justices. The smoke was so bad that you could smell it as far away as we were. And you could actually see the flams from ware we were. But I guess we weren't the only ones smelling smoke or feeling ash. Back here in Enoch they had there own dealing with smoke and ash from the New Harmony fire.
While in Lemoore we visited and went to church with Rebecca. She is why I went on a mission, she was waiting for me to come anlong to share with her the things she needed to hear in order for her to join the church. It's hard to believe it's only been 5 years since she was baptized. It was neet to be able to visit her again.
After visiting Rebecca we headed up to Ceres, which is another places I served near, to visit Andrews Grandma Rathjen. Andrew hadn't seen her in 20 years. It was Fun to see Elijah play with toys that I played with 20 years ago. Andrew's grandpa loved to work with wood and had made wood trains, horses, and cradles. All of which were still around.
After two days up there we headed home. The last day was the hardest of trip. We were all tired and were ready to be home and had school or work waiting for us, so we had to drive 13 hours to get home. Not only was it a 13 hour drive but it was the wined est road and up and down road I had ever been on. We were all car sick with in an hour of the 13 hour drive. I still wonder how we made it home alive. The picture above is of Elijah point out the window saying "again, again." Because this one spot was a rollercoaster with I swear, black pavment over it. It would bring you to the top and you couldn't see over this hill so I had no Idea were the road was going to be going till I was over the top, then it would drop down and then straight back up. I'm telling you I will never drive through the bottom edge of Yosemite again. I would rather drive the extra 6 hours to go around.

Well that was are vaction in a nut shell.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! It looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Sea World has been our only family vacation and we still talk about it being the best times of our lives. I echo Elijah: Again, again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I've been on that road out of Yosemite. SO FUN! Dave & I drove it on our way home from the Honeymoon. LOVED the trip report. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great family trip! I am jealous, we didn't get out on one of those this year. Hope all continue to go well. Maybe we will run into you at Zims again! :)

    ReplyDelete