Sunday, November 21, 2010

Elijah's 4th Birthday


My Little Man is 4 years old today.  Yesterday we took the chance to celebrate with family.  We had Ruth and her family and Zach and his family.  Elijah was so excited for it to finally be his birthday.  For months and months any time he got anything he would say "For my birthday.  Thank you."  "No, but it is for you." is my usual reply.  So last night as you can tell by is face he was extremely excited.
 Zach and Shannon got him a puzzle, little army soilders, and some play dough. 
Ruth and John got him a Thomas the train tooth brush (electric)  he brushed his teeth for like 5 minutes last night.  Don't worry it wont become a habit. 



Watson grandparents got him a cars table and chairs and Haley grandparents got him the car in the picture above. 
 Elijah wanted a Car cake.  So that is what I attempted to make.  The car isn't as red because I ran out of food coloring and decided after several trips to the store already that he could deal with the off color.  It just would get eaten anyway.  He loved the cake,  He had been asking for it for the last two weeks.  "Mom you make my car cake yet."  The phrase got old.  By the time I got it made I was ready to not make it just because.



So a couple months ago my mom told me about a car bed up the street that was for sale.  So I hopped in the car and drove over their.  By the time I got their the people selling it were giving it away for free.  So I bought this beat up looking blue bed.  It had pieces that were broken.  BUT IT WAS FREE.  Who can beat free.  So with some help from every one, between watching the kids, help with the wood work and a lot of love (because I did this for the kiddo) I was able to get it painted and look some what like Lighting McQueen. 
We didn't put it together yesterday because we ran out of time, so today the moment he woke up he started pestering us to put it together.  So after church, and some naps we got it together.  He was so excited that he said he was tired and ready for bed.  I didn't think so, it was only 6 in the evening.  Not happening unless Dad was willing to get up early.  Adam didn't want to so by the time it was time for bed he had no desire and cried because he didn't want to sleep.  Normal kid.

So this weekend my mom and I were able to attend the Time Out For Women convention that is put on by Deseret Book every year.  It was amazing.  I wish we could walk away from every meeting feeling renewed and energized again like we do with meeting like yesterday and the day before, with Conference.  I know if I could really listen at church that those moments would happen much more often.  But because I do have children and Love being a mother I am so grateful for those events that let me escape all worldly things.  A place that I can really focus on understanding the Gospel more, and especially learning from others. Their joys, their hopes, their understanding, their Love, and their guidance in bring us ever closure to our Heavenly Father.  I am so amazed of the blessing of have Elijah and Hannah in my life that I often think that I would be so lost with out them.  They teach me so much yet they are so small.  I have a difficult doing this in front of people because I get so nervous that I don't talk right and people will have a hard time understanding me but right her right know I want all those that read this LDS or none LDS that Jesus Christ is my Savior,  He is here with us every day.  He will guide us in all that we should if we will let him in.  If we will follow all his examples and strive to do our best he will be with us.  This gosple is true, President Monson is the living prophet that guide us today.  The Book of Mormon is true and will bring closer to Christ.  I know that through the Gospel teachings we will learn and grow and will then be able to teach our children to come closer to him.  I pray that I am doing what I need to do so that Elijah and Hannah will feel that they know they can pray and find these things out for them selves when the time is right.  I say that in The name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Well again you made it through.  Have a great night.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for that!! To often blogs (including my own at times) get so negative and mom's don't realize the amazing blessings they have due to there little ones and the church, Thanks for reminding us :) Sorry we didn't get over for the party, but I am glad it went good, I loved the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a fun time! Great job on the bed.

    West

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post. Happy birthday, Elijiah!

    ReplyDelete