Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving was nice and quite this year.  My brother Andrew, my sister Ruth and her husband and kids joined us for dinner.  As you can see Hannah's favorite was the rolls followed by the turkey and green beans.

 I have started having the kids sit in a laundry basket for scriptures and other family things were they need to sit still for a bit.  The rule is, if they can stay there till we are done then they get a treat.  It works pretty well.  I am glad because scripture time was becoming to big of a hassle and was wondering how I was going to continue do it without loosing it.
 Hannah and Uncle Andrew didn't get along at all.  Can you tell. 



 Well with all the snow, we were able to go out sledding this weekend.  Last year Elijah could have gone sledding all day long.  However he went down 3 times and decided that he had had enough.  But then he wanted us to pull him around on the sled.  Which we did because the effort of getting them out of all the layers of clothes again so soon after putting them on was not some thing I was looking forward to again.  Hannah loved going down the first time and the second time not so much.

They both loved running around or I really should say walking around because the snow went up to their knees.  They did that for about 30 min.  and then after Hannah face planted into the snow we all headed home. 
Look carefully, because he is airborne.  Why is it that kids think that the clean clothes, the ones that you have spent all day washing and getting ready to put away, are meant to jump into.  He is jumping off the bed in to the clean clothes that I was about to put away.  
Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. There is some sort of signal sent out to children when the laundry is clean. It yells, jump on me and put me on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love sitting in the laundry baskets, but they don't just sit, hence the broken state of most of them.

    ReplyDelete