Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Following the Example of Christ

I am so saddened by this worlds views on life.  How people criticize each other because of religious views, political views, and some peoples life styles. 
In 1 Peter 2:21 in says " Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps."  Pres. Hinckley follwed that scripture by saying " We must not, we cannot sink to the evils of the world-to selfishness and sin, to hate and envy and backbiting, to the "mean and beggarly" elements of life. You and I must walk on a higher plane.  It may not be easy, but we can do it.  Our great example is the Son of God whom we wish to follow."  
What great words from a propet of God.  I will admit it right here and now that I do not participate in one counsel that comes form the leaders of the Church.  I do not get involved in politices.  It always and I say always brings out the worst in people.  People get so head strong over their views that it brings that backbitting in to peoples lives.  I know their are people who probably don't let it consume their lives, but others do.  Coming from me, I always know that when it comes to politics that my heart hurts each time things are brought about what they will do or don't do that we don't really see the person that is inside.  which is why I can't bring me self into choosing between people, weather tey are right or wrong.  I know Adam gets discouraged when around me and he wants to talk about those things.  So he is so loving that he waits and talks with them with my mom.  Who he and her share political views. That is not my place it is Christ our Judge.  So does this mean that I am braking a commandment.  Though I know that I am far from spiritually being ready, I some times wish that our True Lord and King where here to relieve us from the evils of this world.

Their I go rambling again.  I am going to scare people off from ready the blog, even though it is usual updates about the kids..  As you can tell didn't really have a great day.  Sorry.  I will throw in some thing fun.  Taxes are done and in less then 2 weeks I will have my new camera in my hand.  Can't wait to start going out and getting some great pictures of nature and her beauty.  And of course the kids. 

2 comments:

  1. Your not rambling, I promise! I am glad to see that I am not the only one who posts random things on a whim :) But I agree times are getting scary and we have to raise our children up in rightouness, no easy task when we as mothers at times feel like we ourselves are falling behind. At least we have the comfort of the Savior and his Guidance in all things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason I do not get more involved in politics is because I will never make a difference since I do not plan on running myself. Discussing it makes me angry, so I try not to. I do vote because I weigh my options and choose the least evil. The people who should be in elected positions do not run so you have to make a choice that is not what you would most desire. Judging is different than expressing your opinion about what you want most. Good luck. I struggle, too.

    ReplyDelete