Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Feb 2, 2011

 A couple weeks ago my sister Ruth came over and we made this cake.  Looks pretty good for a quick put together.  Just a note to self and others.  Don't add to much peppermint extract to frosting it will end up tasting like tooth paste.  Will try making it again in a while and I am sure it will turn out a bit better.
 Had to add this picture of the kids brushing their teeth.  They are starting to get so much better at getting things brushed before we have to help them more.
So I had to take a picture of Hannah getting stuck in between the kids easel.  She is always getting her self stuck in something.  Weather between the couches the bed on the counter.  You name it she will find a way.  Not sure if you noticed but lately the girl doesn't like to wear clothes.  She can undress her self now so keeping them on is almost pointless.  I will have to work on that after the potty training.  Yep, she has made it almost two weeks in her big girl bed and doing great.  So this weekend starts the potty training.  Wish me luck.  When training Elijah I took 3 days and just focused on him.  So when Adam gets home Saturday morning we start.  I hoping she gets it quick enough because of the signs she has shown.  She will let me know when she poops in needs to be changed and she likes to go in a sit on the potty.  I actually went it their the other day and there she was with her baby doll sitting on her little potty, wiping it's bum.  I should have gotten a picture but just wasn't quick enough. 
Well we had parent teacher conference yesterday and Elijah has made some great progress in moving to the afternoon class and going 4 days a week.  He getting so much better in is speech.  And he is learning to count to ten.  He has got the numbers, but not always in order.  He also likes to say me instead of I, so we are working on that.  He is getting so he will help more with chores, and most of all he is loving being a big brother.  He loves to help Hannah, and getting things for her.  I know I complain a bit some times about how hard it can be especially at church, but they really are good kids.

3 comments:

  1. So i realized later just how much extra mint extract we put in. We halved the frosting recipe, and then put in about twice the normal amount. Next time lets go with a few drops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell that to the bottle next time. The things has to big of a hole. Might it a sanitized eye dropper next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny hannah..Yuo have AKids Easel
    encourages creativity, and that is very important for young children to experience. A good head start in the development of a child’s ability for artistic expression can be the beginning of a wonderful relationship between art and your child.

    ReplyDelete